Sunday, June 03, 2018

First day of New Year

3rd June 2018

As promised, this draft was long overdue and now I am posting it. I am not sure which year  was that. :


Every Chinese New Year brings back memories of my childhood.
On new year eve, mother would open the safe, took out the gold jewelries and dawned it on us.
I had a ring sharped like a snake, the eye was a tiny piece of ruby, a pc of very big gold coin with the head of queen Elizabeth. another one with 3 pearls dangling in cages. and many bangles. All the above were given to me by my grandma


Now that mother is gone, my children are carrying our the tradition except we don't have any gold with us.
We get up early and prepare ourselves for the new year too.
















Family and friends came and wish each other. Here come #6 and her family.




Next came my cousin and her son




Brother and wife from Singapore.


He is always quiet, calm and happy , sitting there, observing us, enjoying the noises of the Chong Clan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home